Healing and therapeutic benefits of Ayahuasca, what does it help with?
Therapeutic applications of the psychedelics or hallucinogens found cross-culturally involve treatment of a variety of physical, psychological, and social maladies. Modern medicine has similarly found that a range of conditions may be successfully treated with these agents. The ability to treat a wide variety of conditions derives from variation in active ingredients, doses and modes of application, and factors of set and setting manipulated in ritual. Similarities in effects reported cross-culturally reflect biological mechanisms, while success in the treatment of a variety of specific psychological conditions points to the importance of ritual in eliciting their effects. Similar bases involve action on the serotonin and dopamine neurotransmitter systems that can be characterized as psychointegration: an elevation of ancient brain processes.
- Clears the body of parasites, toxins and
- Helps with anxiety, reduces depression, and depression related illness.
- Helps cure drug and alcohol addictions
- Potential cancer therapeutic
- Emotional healing
- Expands consciousness and understanding
- Gives insight into personal patterns, habits and behaviours
- Helps process negative psychological programs and illnesses
- Spiritual awakening, expanded consciousness
- Treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder